If you attended a library session during Faculty Development Days, you probably heard about the new library catalog system that is launching this summer.
In case you missed it, here is what you need to know:
- When? June 24th is the go live date for the new system.
- Why now? We are members of CARLI (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois) and as members we obtain benefits including a shared catalog system that makes I-Share (our interlibrary loan service) possible. While we know this isn’t ideal timing to launch something new, this change has been in the works for almost 2 years. The timeline was planned by CARLI and the new system vendor and they have decided to stay the course.
- What will change? The new system provides many benefits, but a few things have to change in the process:
- Single sign on. You will now be able to access your library account by using your Columbia credentials. No need to track down your 14 digit library barcode number.
- I-Share. Our interlibrary loan service remains, but you will access it through the new system. If you are familiar with using I-Share currently, things will look different but the service is largely unchanged.
- Permalinks. Permalinks are static links to library resources. They are important if you want to share links to library resources with Columbia faculty, staff, and students or if you want to link to library resources from your Canvas course. Permalinks have a special prefix that allows users to authenticate into library resources from on or off campus. All permalinks will change, so if you are currently using a library permalink, this will need to be updated before Fall semester. You can request help generating permalinks with our link request form.
- What won’t change?
- Library resources. The library’s resources (books, ebooks, films, streaming media, and databases) remain, but the interface you search and access them through is changing.
- Library services. While some of our services are changing because of social distancing requirements amid the COVID-19 pandemic, no service is changing because of the switch to a new catalog system.
Please do not hesitate to contact a librarian through chat or email if you have any questions about these or any other changes.