During the winter break, the library made some space and service changes in order to provide more streamlined assistance to students, faculty, and staff.
The biggest change is the removal of the Ask Desk – a research help desk – on the 2nd Floor and it’s consolidation with the Service Desk on the 1st Floor. Now there is one point of service for information and research questions as well as book, media, and equipment checkout.
With one Service Desk, the library can better leverage our staff and student workers. There will always be a person at the Service Desk who will help you with your information needs or guide you to someone who can.
In addition to the removal of the 2nd Floor Ask Desk, previous changes to library spaces include:
- More seating on the east side of the 4th Floor – next to the windows overlooking Michigan Avenue and Grant Park.
- Typewriter moved from the 2nd Floor to the 4th Floor.
- Creation of a Stress Relief Area on the east side of the 3rd Floor with puzzles, games, and legos.
- 3D printers and vinyl cutter moved to from the 2nd Floor the 1st Floor.
- Wepa printing stations on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Floors.