Did you know the library has a Maker Lab with 3D printers, a vinyl cutter, 3D scanner, and 3D pen?
The Maker Lab is located on the 2nd floor of the library, 624 S. Michigan.
All Maker Lab services are available by appointment to Columbia College students, faculty, and staff. To make an appointment visit: http://library.colum.edu/services/maker-lab.html. Please allow at least 24-48 hours to process appointment requests.
- Material for 3D printing is provided by the library for free.
- Those using the 3D printer will need to monitor the print for its entire duration.
- 3D printing may be limited to 4 hours per print session during peak usage periods.
- Library staff will provide 3D printing instruction to new users.
We have one Silhouette Cameo 2 vinyl cutter.
- Adhesive vinyl (in 12″x12″ sheets) and basic cardstock are provided. Other materials including rolls of Adhesive vinyl or materials in specific colors will need to be provided by users.
- Library staff will assist with set up of cutting.
We have one Structure Sensor with iPad Air for 3D scanning.
- 3D scanning is to be done in the Library.
- 3D scanning works best on objects the size of a medium-sized stuffed animal up to a human bust. Smaller items will lack detail and larger objects may be difficult to capture in their entirety.
- Library staff will provide 3D scanning instruction.
We also have one 3Doodler, 3D pen.
- Library staff will provide instruction on using the 3D pen.
- Materials for 3D doodling are provided free of charge.
Contact Amy Killebrew with additional questions.